Who’s Spreadshirt and what do they do?
Spreadshirt prints on-demand products. We’re the largest on-demand online platform in Europe and the third largest in North America. We are active in 11 languages over 17 countries, selling more than two million products directly on our sites or through over 40.000 Spreadshirt Partner Shops. We're a thriving, creative and passionate company with an opening for a...
Senior User Experience Designer (m/f)
With over 10 years under our belt we’re looking to take it up a level and we think our approach will change the industry. But we don’t have it all mapped out yet, so why don’t you come and help us? This is a rare chance to lead the way for UX when it’s really supported within a business.
- You’ll be operating at two levels:
- Level 1 is about creative facilitation into Agile, relying on your passion for expressing ideas through your designs. It’ll mean wireframes, pens, brown paper and post-it notes to extract ideas from people and then get ideas into prototypes we can try out, usually with customers, always with internal stakeholders
- Level 2 is UX strategy. This will mean establishing style guides, UX principles... all the good stuff that puts UX at the heart of the company
- You’ll be liaising with stakeholders across the company. At Spreadshirt HQ there’s only a few stakeholders, so it won’t be hard to move things forward
- You’ll be spending a lot of time with designers, product managers and engineering teams working in an Agile way
- You’ll be prototyping, from lo-fi sketching to hi-fi interactive mock ups
- You’ll be running collaborative, co-creation workshops where the teams are encouraged to share their ideas
- You grasp a business challenge and seek to solve it through cutting-edge features and functionality across a variety of channels; initially web and social, progressing to touch screen devices
- You are a User Experience designer with an inclination towards interaction design
- You can demonstrate, through your portfolio and experience:
- A collaborative approach. For example, photos of workshops, sketches on brown paper... anything that shows you can think visually, on your feet
- An ability to work from sketches to higher fidelity wireframes
- You have some experience working on a multi-channel, platform-based product
- You’ve experience moving a design from early idea into Agile
- You have a degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in the design industry
- You can give work references from Product Managers who rate your work
- You’ve an innate, active passion for human-centred thinking
- You’ve demonstrable experience of adjusting your ideas based on user testing
- The most important thing is that you’ve the right attitude and a love of great interface design
- A design related degree would be preferred, but we know UX people have all kinds of interesting backgrounds
- At least 1 year working in an agency
- Some experience working with user research (context studies, ethnography)
- Non-design related business experience e.g. Marketing, sales, entrepreneurship
- Experience working on multi-channel platform based products, inc. APIs
- Think smart, move fast: you do everything necessary to make it happen
- Delight the customer: you have a laser like focus on the customer perspective
- Have fun and be creative: your work is your passion and by extension, it’s fun and creative
- It’s about people: you like to foster open, honest relationships with colleagues
We look forward to receiving your completed application including your portfolio and CV. Please send your earliest starting date and salary expectations, along with the reference number V00-M452, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions, please feel free to contact Stefanie Häußler (0049 – 341 59400 5241).