We don’t have jobs. We have a mission.
Spreadshirt, www.spreadshirt.net, is the largest on-demand online platform for textile printing in Europe and the third largest in North America. We are active in 11 languages, selling more than two million apparel products directly to our customers or through our Spreadshirt Partner Shops.
We love what we do and so do our customers. More than a third of people grab their personalised Spreadshirt t-shirt as soon as it’s been through the wash. Some even admit taking it out of the dirty laundry just to wear it one more day. This passion is why we’re a thriving, creative and passionate company. And here’s where you come into the game. Spreadshirt has an opening as a...
Digital Art Director (m/f) - Contractor or full time employee
With over 10 years under our belt we’re looking to take it up a level and we think our approach will change the industry. But we don’t have it all mapped out yet, so why don’t you come and help us? This is a rare chance to lead the way for a creative brand that’s in the ascendancy.
- You’ll have a global view of the latest design trends in the digital space.
- You’ll be here to raise our game across our entire digital realm, including touchscreen and browser.
- You’ll show us how to apply the brand digitally in innovative, exciting, fun and simple ways.
- You’ll lead creative execution into Agile, managing 2 designers.
- You’ll split your time between providing a future vision and delivering through your team of graphic designers in an Agile way.
- You’ll be looking to implement sophisticated interaction design.
- You grasp a business challenge and seek to solve it through cutting-edge features and functionality across a variety of channels; initially web and social, progressing to touch screen devices.
A bit about us, and our expectations of you
- We are customer-driven. You will need to work with UX to separate the process of “designing” from the “design” to create customer-focused solutions.
- We delegate broad responsibility easily to our people. You need to be a commercially-minded design thinker, capable of seeing the wider business context.
- We need to move fast and we’re open to fresh thinking. You need to lead by example (i.e. hands on) to get things started and be able to transfer ownership to your graphic designers.
- We have very few stakeholders but they have very high expectations, and so do you. You will need to take responsibility for great visual design and relentlessly drive for the best.
- We don’t care for hierarchy. You will need to be a team player, capable of leading through brilliant work and therefore able to lead by example.
- We aren’t big, but we’re not small either. So we don’t generalize our UX with UI… you will need to know how to work with User Experience designers, User Researchers, Front-end Developers and Graphic Designers and you must know the difference between each discipline.
- You’ve been an Art Director for at least a year (the salary is commensurate with this level and we expect you to clearly understand what it takes to direct creative work).
- You’ve worked with some big brands.
- You can demonstrate through your portfolio and experience:
- A collaborative approach. For example, photos of workshops, sketches on brown paper... anything that shows you can think visually, on your feet.
- An ability to work at a strategic level (think brand guidelines and brand pillars).
- Projects where you took a direct role in graphically designing the interfaces (note: you have kicked things off, your role will not be to do detail)
- You have some experience working on a multi-channel, platform-based product.
- You have experience moving a design from early idea into Agile.
- You have an innate, active passion for human-centred thinking.
- You have demonstrable experience of adjusting your ideas based on user testing.
- The most important thing is that you have the right attitude and a love of great interface design.
- 5+ years in graphic design.
- Experience both agency and client side would be a plus.
- Think smart, move fast: you do everything necessary to make it happen.
- Delight the customer: you have a laser like focus on the customer perspective.
- Have fun and be creative: your work is your passion and by extension, it’s fun and creative.
- It’s about people: you like to foster open, honest relationships with colleagues.
We do not want
- We do not want egos. Ego driven design can be inspirational but it’s not for us.
We look forward to receiving your completed application and CV. Please send your earliest starting date and salary expectations, along with the reference number V00-M463, to email@example.com. For further questions, please feel free to contact Stefanie Häußler (0049 – 341 59400 5241) or Theresa Kretzschmar (0049 – 341 59400 5243).
sprd.net AG, Gießerstraße 27, D-04229 Leipzig